Connect with us

Entertainment

Upcoming ‘Hunger Games’ prequel finally gets a compelling title, shiny book cover

Michael Leahy

Published

on

Upcoming ‘Hunger Games’ prequel finally gets a compelling title, shiny book cover

Renowned novelist Suzanne Collins’ all-new ‘Hunger Games’ precursor now has an official name and a new cover. On Friday, Scholastic unveiled the title as well as shiny cover for the new novel ‘The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes.’ Besides, it also revealed a big banner for the fans during the NY Comic Conference 2019.


It was previously referred to as ‘Untitled Panem Novel’ due to the fictional nation where the story is based on.

The novel is set to get published on 19 May 2020 in the US, UK, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia said the publisher in a press release. The book’s first English language printing will have 2.5bn copies. Translation rights meant for 28 other regions have also been sold, said Scholastic.

‘The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes’ is set 64 years prior to the events which took place in the ‘Hunger Games’ novel. The book will be based particularly around events related to the tenth Hunger Games.

In a statement, Ellie Berger, President of Scholastic said that the book raises significant questions related to authority, the truth behind human nature and violence use. Meanwhile, David Levithan, Scholastic VP said that the new angle upon the novel’s cover pretty much matches with the storyline Collins is explaining.

With this novel, Collins said that she wanted to understand who humans are, the state of nature as well as what humans think is needed for survival.

‘The Hunger Games’ book remained on the bestseller list of the New York Times for over 260 weeks. Scholastic says that there are over 100mn copies of each of the 3 books in YA dystopian trilogy in digital and print formats globally.

The series has also inspired the mega-hit 4-film franchise starring Donald Sutherland, Jennifer Lawrence, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Julianne Moore, and Stanley Tucci.

Lionsgate, who created those films, said that it’s working on developing a spinoff inspired by the new prequel.

Michael Leahy has worked in various news organizations and now aims to make Report Door one of the best and fastest growing news websites in the U.S. He contributes to the US section. He loves going around different people in the US and loves meeting new people and making new friends.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Why Kim Kardashian doesn’t want to take revealing pictures anymore

Michael Leahy

Published

on

Kim Kardashian has always been an example of someone who always pushes the limits of sexy dressing. But this time, Kim found in some modest looks. It seems like, Kim is toning down her signature sexy style. Isn’t it surprising to see this change in Kim’s styling?

In past months, everyone has seen a change in Kim’s dressing style. On New York’s cover page, Kim appeared in wearing a modest look. Even, normally also she’s wearing lots of high necklines and long sleeves.

These looks probably wouldn’t be surprised if anyone else wearing them, but this is Kim. Everyone used to see her in sexy clothes that reveal a lot of skin. But it would draw attention if they suddenly got to see Kim in so buttoned-up leather pants.

Kim Kardashian reveals the reason behind the change from her sexy styling to modest styling

In an interview, Kim revealed the reason behind the dramatic shift in her style. Kardashian said she feels like she’s entered a different phase in her life. Now She’s working as a criminal justice advocate, studying to become a lawyer and caring for her four children. And She doesn’t feel appropriate to dress in a revealing way.

She added that it’s uncomfortable with how revealing pictures she has social media. That at one point she can’t even scroll through her feed when her kids are present.

But fans believe that husband Kanye West is the real motivation behind Kim’s new look. Kanye has recently undergone a religious conversion, becoming an enthusiastic evangelical believer. He always wanted Kim to wear more fashionable and sexy looks, but that has all changed with his new beliefs.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

“Will & Grace” Actress Shelley Morrison Died At The Age of 83 Years

Michael Leahy

Published

on

Actress Shelley Morrison Died At The Age of 83 Years
Image Credit: Wikimedia Commons

Shelley Morrison passed away at the age of 83 on Sunday. Shelley was best known for playing the role of Rosario Salazar on the hit NBC series “Will & Grace”. 

According to The Associated Press, Morrison died due to heart failure at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. 

Morrison for the role of Rosario Salazar won a Screen Actors Guild award for best ensemble in a comedy series. Even it was personally the all-time favorite character of Morrison. However, the character was originally written for one episode only. But it becomes so popular just after the first interaction of Morrison with co-star Meghan Mullally. And Finally, she would appear in 68 episodes during the NBC series’ eight seasons.

In a statement, Morrison said, the character is so close to her because it reminds her a lot of her own mother. As her mother also loved animals and children but she would never suffer fools. 

Before Will & Grace series, for more than a 50-year, Morrison was best known for playing Sister Sixto. It was the character in The Flying Nun alongside Sally Field from 1967 to 1970. Her roles put her in casts with Hollywood’s biggest stars of several eras.

Co-stars Paid Tribute to Shelley Morrison on Social Media

Mulley, praised Shelley on Twitter, said: ” Thank You for your friendship and partnership”. She added that her heart is heavy and Shelley will be missed always.

Eric McCormack recalled Morrison on Twitter and said her a beautiful soul and a wonderful actor.

Debra Messing also paid tribute and send all love to Walter and the entire family. Sean Hayes wrote in an Instagram post that Morrison was absolutely hilarious and had the biggest heart.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Netflix Saves 71-Years Old New York’s Paris Theater From Shutting Down

Michael Leahy

Published

on

Netflix saves Paris Theater
Image Credit: Wikimedia Commons

New York’s 71 years old the single-screen theater was saved from shutting down by a big giant. The Paris Theater, which was the only single-screen theater was closed earlier this year. Now reopened with the new owner Netflix.

This fall Netflix the biggest online screening platform announced a lease agreement. The agreement stated that Netflix can use the theater for special screenings, events, and theatrical releases. In other words, Netflix wouldn’t operate the Paris theater like a normal theater.

Netflix spokesperson said Netflix is proud to preserve it

Netflix’s Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos added that Netflix is incredibly proud to preserve this historic New York institution. Eventually, Netflix stocks raised to +0.81% after the announcement.

The single-screen theater is located at 4 W. 58th St., which is one of the country’s oldest art house theaters. The Paris Theater was closed in August 2019 and reopened in November 2019. It was reopened with Netflix’s new Drama-Comedy film which was written and directed by Noah Baumbach.

Film stars Scarlett Johansson Adam Driver are the main stars of the film with IMDB rating 8.4. Made in the budget of 86 Lakhs USD this release is a big hit as well. Tickets of the film are available in the box office or the film’s official website.

The Paris Theater consists of 581 seats and is the only single-screen theatre serving in Manhattan, New York City. This theater was opened by Pathé Cinema and Marlene Dietrich cut the inaugural ribbon in the presence of US ambassador to France. Later in 2009, City Cinema became the owner of the theater.

Continue Reading

Trending