Connect with us

Sports

Shannen Doherty Reveals About The Stage 4 Breast Cancer Diagnosis

Michael Leahy

Published

on

Shannen Doherty Breast Cancer

On Tuesday, Shannen Doherty revealed the return of her Breast Cancer and this time its “Stage 4”. That means the cancerous cells have spread all over her body.

Earlier in 2015, she was first diagnosed with breast cancer.

In 2018, Doherty’s California Home got damaged by the Woolsey Fire. The fire burnt a total of 96,949 acres and destroyed 1,643 structures. Too many celebrities including Miley Cyrus, Neil Young, Liam Hemsworth lost their homes in the fire.

At that time, she filed a lawsuit against the insurance company State Farm.

She believed that the company disregarded her medical conditions and hence decided to file a new court document with opening lines that she is dying of Stage 4 terminal cancer.

She told ABC News that she doesn’t want people to know about her diagnosis from the new court documents. Hence she decided to speak it out.

She said she wants everything to be real and authentic. She wanted herself to be the first person as the source to people to tell about her diagnosis.

We Have Already Paid The Claim- Said Insurance Company

The company believes that they have paid her for the 2018 insurance claim.

In a statement to NBC News, the company said that they wish her to full recovery. And they believed that they have fulfilled their liability and have paid what they owe on this claim. The company also added that they are ready to defend herself in court.

The lawsuit is scheduled for the trial on March 3.

Michael Leahy has worked in various news organizations and now aims to make Report Door one of the best and fastest growing news websites in the U.S. He contributes to the US section. He loves going around different people in the US and loves meeting new people and making new friends.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

F1 set for a series of firsts with revised race calendar

Steve Murphy

Published

on

Silverstone, Austria to host two races each on revised F1 calendar

LONDON (Reuters) – Formula One is set for a series of firsts after publishing a revised eight-race schedule on Tuesday that will see Austria’s Red Bull Ring and Britain’s Silverstone circuit each host two grands prix without spectators in July and August respectively.

FILE PHOTO: Formula One F1 – Austrian Grand Prix – Red Bull Ring, Spielberg, Austria – June 30, 2019 Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton in action during the race REUTERS/Leonhard Foeger/File Photo

The season, which originally envisaged a record 22 races, has been stalled since the March 15 Australian opener was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The first race of the year will now be in Austria on July 5 with a second, designated the Grand Prix of Steiermark (Styria) after the region in which the Red Bull-owned circuit at Spielberg is located, a week later.

It will be the first time a circuit has hosted two championship races in the same season, the first time a season has started in Austria and also the first time a race has been held behind closed doors.

The 10 teams will then travel east to race on a third successive weekend at Budapest’s Hungaroring on July 19 before returning home, all under carefully controlled conditions.

Silverstone, which hosted the first F1 world championship race in 1950, is scheduled for the British Grand Prix on Aug. 2 followed by the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix on Aug. 9.

A two week quarantine is due to come into force in Britain for most arrivals in the country from June 8 but Formula One is set to be part of an exemption for elite sports events.

Barcelona’s Circuit de Catalunya will then host the Spanish Grand Prix on Aug. 16 to complete the triple-header before another break and then two more back-to-back races at Spa in Belgium and Italy’s Monza on Aug. 30 and Sept. 6.

Formula Two and Formula Three races will also be held over the same weekends.

“We are pleased to be able to set out our opening eight race calendar today and look forward to publishing our full calendar in the coming weeks,” said Formula One chairman Chase Carey in a statement.

“While we currently expect the season to commence without fans at our races we hope that over the coming months the situation will allow us to welcome them back once it is safe to do,” he added.

Formula One is hoping to host between 15 and 18 races with the season ending in Abu Dhabi in December after also racing in Bahrain.

Four races have been cancelled so far — Australia, Monaco, the Netherlands and France — while China, Azerbaijan, Canada and Vietnam are awaiting rescheduling.

Races in Singapore, Russia, Japan, the United States, Mexico and Brazil remain uncertain.

“The health and safety of all involved will continue to be priority number one, with Formula One and the FIA having a robust and detailed plan to ensure our races maintain the highest level of safety with strict procedures in place,” Formula One said.

Reporting by Alan Baldwin; Editing by Hugh Lawson

Continue Reading

Sports

Silverstone, Austria to host two races each on revised F1 calendar

Steve Murphy

Published

on

Silverstone, Austria to host two races each on revised F1 calendar

FILE PHOTO: Formula One F1 – Austrian Grand Prix – Red Bull Ring, Spielberg, Austria – June 30, 2019 Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton in action during the race REUTERS/Leonhard Foeger/File Photo

LONDON (Reuters) – Austria’s Red Bull Ring and Britain’s Silverstone circuit will each host two grands prix without spectators on an initial eight race Formula One calendar published on Tuesday.

Austria’s races start the season on July 5 and 12 and will be called the Austrian Grand Prix and the Grand Prix of Steiermark (Styria), the region in which the circuit at Spielberg is located.

Silverstone will host the British Grand Prix on Aug. 2 and the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix on Aug. 9.

The Hungarian Grand Prix will be on July 19 with races in Spain, Belgium and Italy on Aug. 16 and 30 and Sept. 6 respectively.

The Formula One season was unable to start in Australia in March as planned due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Reporting by Alan Baldwin; Editing by Hugh Lawson

Continue Reading

Sports

British Olympic hopeful, aged 11, fractures skull

Steve Murphy

Published

on

British Olympic hopeful, aged 11, fractures skull

FILE PHOTO: Jan 12, 2020; Lausanne, SWITZERLAND; Sky Brown, 10 year-old skateboarder who is set to become Britain’s youngest summer Olympian at Tokyo 2020, skates around the Youth Olympic Village. The Winter Youth Olympic Games. Mandatory Credit: Nick Didlick/OIS Handout Photo via USA TODAY Sports

(Reuters) – Eleven-year-old skateboarder Sky Brown, who is hoping to become Britain’s youngest Olympian next year, fractured her skull and broke bones in her left hand after falling from a ramp during a training session in California.

Brown posted a video of the accident on Instagram and reassured supporters that she was doing fine and was going to work even harder when she returns.

“I don’t usually post (videos of) my falls or talk about them… but this was my worst fall. I just want everyone to know that it’s ok, don’t worry, I’m ok,” she said.

“I’m going to push boundaries for girls with my skating and surfing. I’m going for gold in 2021 and nothing will stop me.”

The BBC reported that Brown was taken to hospital by helicopter and was unresponsive on arrival but is expected to make a complete recovery.

“Sky landed head-first off a ramp on her hand,” her father Stewart was quoted as saying by the BBC.

“When she first came to hospital, everyone was fearful for her life… Sky had the gnarliest fall she’s ever had and is lucky to be alive… (she) remains positive and strong, the whole medical team is shocked to see her positivity.”

At the 2021 Tokyo Games, Brown is hoping to eclipse the record set by swimmer Margery Hinton, who was 13 years and 43 days old when she competed at the 1928 Olympics in Amsterdam.

Five sports, including baseball, skateboarding and surfing, will feature in Tokyo as part of the International Olympic Committee’s revamp of the Games programme to attract younger audiences.

Reporting by Shrivathsa Sridhar in Bengaluru; editing by Philippa Fletcher

Continue Reading

Trending