A Bronx woman nearly raped by an accused sex fiend who had secured a sweetheart plea deal with the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office said she’s still terrorized a week after the ordeal — while blasting the “system” that allowed her alleged attacker to be free.
The 49-year-old victim, who spoke to The Post on the condition of anonymity, said she can’t bare to be alone in her apartment since the creep broke in last week and tried to sexually assault her.
“I can’t sleep,” she said Thursday during an emotional interview, crying at times as she recalled the nightmarish incident. “If I hear anything, I get up and look around. I get nervous. I get anxiety.”
The mom of two had been home alone in the Bronx on Sept. 15 when prosecutors allege Justin Washington, 25, climbed in through a window and attempted to rape her.
“He acted crazy, like a person not mentally stable,” the victim recalled. “He grabbed me by the shoulders and pushed me on the bed.”
She was the second of five people Washington allegedly terrorized that day — in a sex-crimes spree that came just a week before he was set to be sentenced in a Manhattan rape case.
Washington — who was let out on bail weeks after being accused of raping a teenage relative in late February — had secured a deal in which prosecutor would recommend he get just 30 days behind bars, plus five years probation, in exchange for him pleading guilty to a coercion charge.
“If he would have not gotten out of jail during this time, none of this would have happened,” the mom he later allegedly attacked told The Post. “Look what he did! They should change the system. It’s not right.”
The woman said she had been doing chores the day of the incident, when she noticed her pet parrot Coco “going crazy” and heard footsteps — prompting her to step out of her bedroom and into the hall.
“Then I saw a shadow,” she said — describing the terrifying moment she realized she wasn’t alone. “I twisted my body to peep in the room [and] I saw the man.”
The two stared at each other and, “I felt chills from my head to my toes,” she told The Post.
“I screamed at him, ‘What are you doing here? You are not supposed to be here,’” the woman recalled. “He was coming at me.”
Washington allegedly chased her into her bedroom and then removed his pants and began masturbating, she said.
She grabbed her phone to call the police, but he allegedly knocked it out of her hand and demanded she get on the bed.
The woman fiercely attempted to fight him off — even grabbing a hammer from the windowsill — but the sicko still overpowered her.
She tearfully recounted how he forced her legs open and sniffed her while his pants were down.
Then he suddenly backed off — and began asking for one or two dollars, the victim said. She seized the opportunity to quickly snatch the hammer that had been laying on the ground.
“I went down and grabbed the hammer. I was angry,” the woman said. “I shouted, ‘Go out, go out.’ I broke the glass in the window so he could see I wasn’t playing, I was serious. He didn’t take me seriously.”
Washington allegedly began coming toward her again — so she whacked him in the head with the hammer, causing him to bleed, she said.
“He touched himself and saw the blood,” she recounted, adding that the injury was enough to scare the creep off.
“He went back out the way he came in,” she said. “I was following him with the hammer.”
Immediately following the attack, the woman said she ran outside and began knocking on neighbors’ doors.
She felt sick.
“I was shocked. I wanted to vomit,” she recalled. “I was crying.”
Her 17-year-old daughter said she was “very, very proud” of her mom for fighting the perv off.
“She is a very strong person,” the teen told The Post. “I know she will do everything in her power to defend herself.”
Washington had allegedly accosted another resident in the building a half hour before he broke into the 49-year-old woman’s apartment.
In that incident, he crept up the fire escape and banged on the apartment window of a 26-year-old woman, who was at home with her 9-month-old son at the time, according to prosecutors and sources.
When the woman opened her curtains, she saw Washington masturbating on her fire escape, prosecutors alleged.
He is also accused of molesting an 18-year-old man whose window he crawled through, stealing a woman’s underwear and molesting a homeless woman who was sleeping in a building lobby — all within a few hours of his alleged attacks on the two neighbors.
The disturbing rampage came about a month after Washington secured the plea deal from Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg in the rape case.
Washington was initially hit with charges of first-degree rape, first-degree sexual abuse and forcible touching in that case. He was thrown in jail on Feb. 23 on a $25,000 cash bail or $50,000 bond — despite prosecutors asking a judge to set bail at $100,000.
About three weeks later, prosecutors reduced Washington’s charges to third-degree rape after they determined they didn’t have enough evidence — and he was sprung from jail when a judge agreed to lower his bail to $12,000.
He was sent back to Rikers Island last week, after a Bronx judge set his bail at $50,000 cash bail, or $150,000 bond on charges including attempted rape, burglary, forcible touching and sexually motivated felony for the alleged Sept. 15 spree.
Washington was set to be sentenced Wednesday in the Manhattan case, but prosecutors asked for a delay — citing the allegations in the Bronx — and the hearing was adjourned until Sept. 28.
Prosecutors said they believed Washington had broken the terms of his plea agreement. The Manhattan District Attorney’s Office is now reconsidering the sentence recommended as part of the deal.
A spokesperson for Bragg said the deal had been offered to spare the young victim from having to testify, “while holding Washington accountable for his conduct.”
“As the investigation into this week’s extremely disturbing allegations in the Bronx continues, we will determine whether to ask for a lengthier jail sentence,” the spokesperson said in a statement.