Modern society doesn’t fully understand the online dating phenomenon. In the minds of the vast majority, online dating is solely about dating sites and apps. Many people for one reason or another simply do not relish this format.
In actuality, online dating is a much larger and more comprehensive phenomenon. If you look closely, you’ll see that specialized applications and sites are simply not needed for successful online dating. Let’s look at that in more detail.
Why Tinder and its rivals are not the best dating platforms
Of course, specialized dating applications have some important advantages:
- You begin to communicate with people who you initially like and have attracted your attention.
- Matches are usually close to you if the application takes into account your location.
- You can find not only a soulmate, but also new friends.
- Using Tinder and its rivals is quite convenient from your phone.
However, behind these advantages, many people don’t notice the obvious disadvantages. There are quite a few of them:
- You cannot objectively evaluate a person by their profile, which often leads to a bad choice.
- There are a lot of scammers, Internet trolls, exhibitionists and other dubious personalities on dating apps.
- Among the men there are many who just want a one-night stand.
- Most of the really useful features in apps and dating sites are paid.
But most importantly, the developers of dating services are not interested in you finding a soulmate quickly. It is more profitable for them that you stay on the site as long as possible, pay for premium access and bring money to the company.
So what should you do and where should you look for a soulmate if dating apps do not work?
Alternatives to classic dating sites and apps
We want to quickly convey to you one important idea: on the Internet you can get acquainted wherever there are any options for communication. If you can communicate with other people on a site, then you can potentially find love there. Or at least make new friends.
For clarity, let’s simulate a few quite ordinary situations on the Web, which in the end could lead to a promising acquaintance and maybe even a relationship:
- You’re sitting on your favorite social network, scrolling through the news feed, browsing the profiles of other users. You see a person you like, study their profile and the information that they shared, write to them directly, communicate, get to know each other.
- You scroll through the feed on Instagram or TikTok. In the comments below the post, start a conversation with another person. A conversation begins, which then turns into personal messages and a full-fledged acquaintance.
- You play a computer game online by communicating with other players. With any of them, if you want, you can switch communication to another, more suitable platform and go beyond the gameplay.
- You are active on Twitter and post frequently. Other users leave their comments under your tweets, this develops into direct communication and potential acquaintance.
- You constantly read the news on the pages in Telegram. Here you can also leave comments and in one click switch to personal texting with the selected user. Communicate, meet, take relationships to the next level.
In the same way, you can get acquainted on any online platform, whether it is a themed forum, a group chat on shared interests in a messenger, a regular text city chat, and so on. In Telegram, for example, you can search for people nearby. A special section displays a list of users who are close to you. Moreover, the application indicates the exact distance to them. Choose anyone and write to them directly. Why not get to know each other. We should qualify right away that not all users are displayed, only those who allow the application to show them to other users.
Online video chat as an alternative to classic dating sites
We did not just put online video chats in a separate paragraph above. The fact is that these are specific services that can’t be compared with classic dating platforms, social networks or instant messengers. On the one hand, there are common features, but on the other hand, this is a completely different format of online communication.
A striking example — Omegle online video chat. This was the first chat roulette in history, the principle of which was to connect random users via video link. Minimum search settings: language, list of interests, text or video chat to choose from. By and large, that’s it.
If you need more customization and search filters, consider Omegle alternatives. For example, Chatrandom: in addition to basic settings, also offers a gender filter, a separate chat with girls (access to it is paid), as well as themed chat rooms — sections of the site where a group of participants can communicate at the same time. Even more interesting is CooMeet video chat. Its key feature and difference from most Omegle alternatives is in the unique gender filter. Omegle girls here not only indicate their gender, but also verify their identity. And the system connects men only with verified girls — CooMeet never makes a mistake in choosing a partner based on gender. This is especially important.
It’s also worth checking out OmeTV online video chat. The site is quite simple, offering only a basic set of search settings. But for many, this is enough. Gender and geographic filters are available. They do not work as accurately and efficiently as in CooMeet, but in general they help to narrow the circle of the search for a chat partner. An interesting feature of OmeTV is the built-in text message translator. It makes communication with foreign users even more convenient and easier.
The last online video chat we’d like to mention is Bazoocam. This video chat is a pretty close alternative to Omegle, but it also has some extra features. Firstly, there are online mini-games that can be played on the site with other users. And secondly, a built-in streaming platform. You can either start your own video streams or join the current ones as a viewer. A good way to vary your communication and attract the attention of a large audience if you have something to say.
Use varied platforms for dating success
We believe that it is wrong to limit yourself to only dating sites and apps. Even platforms with a multi-million audience do not guarantee that you’ll find a soulmate. And it’s definitely not worth giving yourself extra limitations. Of course, this does not mean you need to completely abandon classic dating sites.
Try to combine dating sites and apps, online video chats, social networks, instant messengers, themed forums, and more. You can’t help but increase your chances of a successful acquaintance. And who knows, perhaps your fate awaits you in the most unexpected place.