According to your age, It’s ok to face some memory lapse but serious memory decline may point towards your unhealthy mind diet. Your diet is the most important part of your lifestyle. Depending on a good diet, you can keep your mind sharp and reduce the risk of serious memory impairments. Moreover, it will also shape the way your brain functions and improve cognitive thinking skills.
Here is the list of some food that you should take to keep your brain healthy.
- Dark Leafy Greeny: This provides important brain-protecting compounds, such as folate, phylloquinone, and lutein. The group that has the regular intake of this had the memory and thinking skills of people 11 years younger.
- Other Veggies: Apart from leafy greens, the good mind diet also includes the intake of other veggies every single day. Like you can take stack tomatoes and red pepper strips into sandwiches, have a stir fry with broccoli and cauliflower.
- Nuts: It keeps your brain healthy as you age. You must take at least 5 servings/ week to maintain good brain health.
- Pulses: These plant-based proteins are linked with better preservation of memory and thinking skills. For a healthy brain, you must take at least 3 servings per week.
- Berries: It contains antioxidants known as flavonoids that help protect your brain function and reduce the risk of cognitive impairment. You must take at least 2 or more servings per week of this food.
- Seafood: Oily fish, like salmon and sardines, provide anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats that are good for the brain. You must take 1 or more servings per week.
Apart from this, food like Poultry ( beef, pork and lamb, red meat), whole grain food is good for brain health. You must take at least 2-3 serving/ week of this food. Moreover, a glass of wine every day helps to maintain the MIND diet. However, just note that more than that is not better and may increase your risk of memory and other impairments.